Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Art



I took a little break from reviewing books in September as I got into the swing of a new year of homeschool! This year I have a kindergartner and a preschooler. Somethings have worked and other things haven't, but all in all I have been enjoying the year so far. My favorite part of our school week is Thursdays. Thursday we add some art to our day.



We learned about Van Gogh and his paintings, then tried our hand at a little sunflower painting. 


Next we studied Monet and the kids particularly liked his waterlily paintings.




We got to practice our still life paintings with these beauties, inspired by Paul Cezanne.

Last week we took a break from our artist study and looked at color mixing. The kids were really interested in how to make different colors so I taught them about primary, secondary and tertiary colors.


Thursdays have brought some much needed creativity to our week. This week we are learning about Georgia O'Keeffe, one of my favorite artists. The fall books are rolling in and before long I will have some new review too.

No comments:

Post a Comment