Tuesday, October 6, 2015

18 Weeks



18 Weeks

Bump- pretty sure this picture is deceptive because my bump is really a lot larger. The angle isn't quite showing all my roundness ;) I grew so fast at first with this one. I have since slowed down a bit but this week I feel like I have really popped.

Craving- I crave certain foods pregnant or not. I'm just sort of weird like that. I will crave the same thing for weeks and then decide I don't want to eat it again. Right now I am loving anything salt and vinegar.

Aversions- I hated coffee until a few weeks ago. I have gone through that with each of my pregnancies. I go from madly in love coffee addict to cannot stand it. Right now I'm sort of enjoying it again.

Feeling- I pretty much feel invincible until 2. Right about when the kids go down for nap. Somedays it just feels like my whole body is shutting down. I hit a wall and have to lay down. I'm not much of a napper. It takes me so long to fall asleep and I never feel rested when I wake up. Right now I don't have much of a choice. If I can fall asleep for just a minute I feel a lot better.  

Emotions- Honestly, I go between excited and terrified. I really am happy for this baby to join our family. Late at night, when I am trying to fall asleep, all my fears get the best of me. Suddenly my confidence is gone and I have no idea how I'm going to do this. I'm also feeling nostalgic about my other pregnancies. Whenever I am pregnant I have what we have affectionately named "hiccaburps". It's a single hiccup like burp thing. My husband always teases me about these weird things. I got my first few the other day and had to chuckle.

Baby- We don't find out if it's a boy or girl until later this month. So far there has been lots of movement and the kids and my husband have got to feel the baby move.

Speaking of the kids- Babies big siblings are still crazy in love. Early on they named the baby "twinkles". We just go with it. Violet loves to talk to baby twinkles and spends a few minutes each day talking to baby. She is already bossing the baby around while in utero, "no taking my blankey twinkles!" This has been the most amazing thing about this pregnancy, the kids interaction. When I was pregnant with Violet, Titus was just over a year. He had no idea what was going on. This time they both are old enough to get excited about the process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment