Monday, August 17, 2015

The Berenstain Bears Harvest Festival- By Mike Berenstain


 I have a severe hankering for fall. I just can't shake it. Reading this Berenstain Bears book with the kids did not help. This book is all about fall and the Creator of the seasons! I think most of us remember reading these classic books growing up. I loved The Berenstain Bears.

This book is particularly special because it encourages wonder and thankfulness for God's creation. As the bears travel to Farmer Ben's harvest festival, they witness the beauty of fall. They see a buck, a caterpillar, and geese; they smell rich fallen leaves and wood smoke.
The book does make mention of "mother nature". However, it is quick to explain that creation is God's.

The bears participate in a variety of autumnal activities, including picking pumpkins and a hayride. My kids loved thinking about the fun things they do during the fall. My son especially, who has a
special love for that season. It was great to hear him talk excitedly about AWANA and preschool beginning, making applesauce with gram, making apple cider and going to the pumpkin patch.

If you love fall as much as our family I would encourage you to pick this book up! It's fun read that held my kids attention. I think this quote from Mama Bear about fall sums the book up nicely--

  "It is time to give thanks to God for all His blessings-- for the food that grows in His good, rich earth and for the wonders of nature that he has created."
I received a copy of this book from Book Look Bloggers, in exchange for my opinion.


1 comment: