Friday, July 17, 2015

Morning Sickness and Muffins

Well, I have been really living up to my blog name, Midnight Mom. I think I am well on my way to becoming nocturnal. Morning sickness has got its grip on me. Yesterday I couldn't even get off the couch. It was miserable. My poor kids have been pretty much motherless. I feels so guilty not getting anything done- and not being able to play with them. This is the first pregnancy I have been this sick. Relief usually comes around 7 or 8pm. I had a load of zucchini from the garden I needed to process, so at 11pm I decided to make some muffins. I used this recipe, without the frosting and a little less sweetener.
They turned out really good and a perfect treat for the kids. I think they really said "I'm sorry mommy is so barfy and no fun." Thank you Jesus for muffins and husbands who bring you crackers and ginger root to make tea, and kids who can entertain themselves! 

As a special bonus I am feeling almost human this morning. At this rate I might be able to clean the house and start on my next book review The Broad Fork by Hugh Acheson (you know, the unibrow judge from Top Chef). I'm not sure I'm really a great cookbook reviewer at the moment, as nothing sounds good to eat-- ever. But I will sure do my darnedest to give it my full attention. I can tell you already that it is a beautiful book.

Do you have any morning sickness tricks? So far I have been drinking ginger root tea- which was a trick that worked in previous pregnancies. However, it really isn't doing much for me now. I also have been using essential oils, which I love the idea of, but the strong smell seems to make it worse.  Most of all I am trying to just not feel miserable for myself. This is likely my last pregnancy so I do want to enjoy it, even if I'm not feeling great.

No comments:

Post a Comment