Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Always Watching by Lynette Eason

 Romantic Suspense isn't a genre that generally appeals to me. Every so often though, I enjoy reading something a little different then my regular fare. I picked this book up for a change, and boy, Lynette Eason doesn't disappoint in the suspense or the romance.

Our leading man, Wade Savage, has been receiving presents. They start small, things he has mentioned on his radio talk show. When the gifts get more personal and specific Wade and his father grow worried. Wade's father Bruce hires him a body-guard for extra protection.

It turns out the body-guard is much needed because Wade is put in a life-threatening position and his body-guard is compromised. Olivia, the leader of the body-guard agency must now step-up and protect Wade.

This book is pretty much non-stop suspense from the start of the book. Their are small lulls where we learn more of the back-story that each character has. I enjoyed learning about each characters past and these clues helped me sort of guess who the stalker was. Eason includes a lot of twists and turns and keeps the reader guessing.

I enjoyed the exploration of the main character's faith, and how events in their past shaped that faith. Then, how they manifested their relationship with God during the trials at hand. The romance is not a huge part of the book but rather woven around the larger story. I really enjoyed the addition of Wade's pre-teen daughter Amy. I thought that her character added a really different element to the story.

This was a fun and suspense filled read. There were parts that felt a little tedious to me because it was so much drama. Oh-- look- another crazy thing is happening to Wade. For the most part I enjoyed it but at times it was hard to get into the mood to pick it up.

If you like action packed shows- turn off the TV and pick up this book instead.

I received a copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment