Tuesday, January 27, 2015

THE BEST Sugar Free Vanilla Spice Latte

Do you remember when Starbucks carried the Vanilla Spice Latte? It was my very favorite drink. They only carried it for one season and it never came back. I was so disappointed. Through much trial and error I came up with a pretty good sugar free version at home!

Also, I am in love with this Anthropologie mug I found at Goodwill this weekend! Score.
 What I use--

Make 2 shots of Espresso. Get your milk ready to steam, I add a touch of half & half, I think it makes the drink even more rich and delicious, you could leave it out though. To your milk add a few shakes of each of the spices. You might have to play around a little bit to get the drink just as you prefer. I only use a little Cardamom, as it is very strong. Then to the milk and spices I add a few drops of vanilla. Finally I add my sweetener. For this drink the NuNaturals Pure Liquid Vanilla Stevia works amazing. It doesn't have any funky stevia flavor and it amps up the vanilla. A little bit goes a long way. If you aren't use to this product I would add it a drop at a time until the milk is as sweet as you desire. These drops last forever and are very versatile.  

Okay, now that all your spices and sweet stuff is in the drink you must give it a good whisk. If you don't get it nicely whisked before you steam the milk you will have huge globs of spices. After all the spices are incorporated I steam the milk as usual. Make sure you clean you wand really good because with the spices things get dirty.  


And there you have it!! I love this drink. Play with the spices and make it your own!


No comments:

Post a Comment