Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Winter Days Boredom Buster!

If you have young kids like me, you are always looking for new activities to add to your arsenal. Sometimes you just need a quick, entertaining activity to keep the kids busy. I love this one because after set-up older kids can do it independently. Leaving me a few sweet, sweet moments of free time.

All you need is--

 1. Baking Soda

 2. White Vinegar

 3. Food Coloring

Here's how I do it- I fill a shallow dish with baking soda (maybe 1/4in thick). Then I add a little vinegar to two small dishes. You can see in the photo I just used what I had on hand. I let the kids choose which colors to add to the vinegar, and then add just enough to tint it. Then I let them dribble the vinegar into the baking dish and enjoy the bubbling show. A small eyedropper works great and is perfect for developing fine motor skills. I just let my daughter use a small measuring spoon.

This is definitely not my original idea. I saw it online a few years ago. If you have never tried it with your little's I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment