Thursday, January 7, 2016

Handmade Love



I have been doing my best to keep my mind and hands busy as I enter the last leg of my pregnancy. I am getting close, but March is still a long ways off. It always helps me to have a project to distract me.

I just love little baby moccasins.. I wanted to pick up a pair for Elsie, but decided that it would make a great project! The pattern is free from Shwin and Shwin. Her pattern is really easy to follow and makes these a mostly simple sew. I will be honest, there were a few moments when I felt like punching a wall while sewing these. Let's just say, top-stitching the leather was not my finest or most lady-like moment. I could NOT get the stitching perfect. As you can see in the photo, it's pretty obvious.


I decided that instead of throwing these into my pile of "disaster projects" I would persevere. I'm glad I did because I like the final product so much, the janky stitching barely bothers me. These were a really quick sew- done in just a few hours.

The bow headband was a project from this afternoon. I used this free pattern. Very easy and suitable for a beginner.

Now I just need to decide what to make next?!

No comments:

Post a Comment