Monday, December 21, 2015

Delighting in God by A.W Tozer


My newest read took me some time to get through! This book, Delighting in God by A.W. Tozer and edited by James L. Snyder was a meaty book.

If you are looking for a timeless and challenging non-fiction read this is right on. It is a amazing how relevant this book is to today's believer and church even though Tozer passed away in 1963. Whenever I sat down to read this I always had a pen in hand. It's the type of book I just can't read without marking up. A little more about the book,

"We were created in the image of God, and to understand who we are, we need to understand who God is. His very character and nature are reflected through us. Unless we fully grasp who we are, we'll never become all God wants us to be.

Delighting in God is the message Tozer intended to be the follow-up to The Knowledge of the Holy. He demonstrates how the attributes of God--those things God has revealed about himself--are a way to understand the Christian life of worship and service. We are here to serve and adore him, but we can only fulfill that role by acknowledging who he is, which is the essence of the Christian life and the source of all our fulfillment, joy, and comfort."

Next on my list is to read The Knowledge of the Holy while this book is still fresh in my mind. Thanks to Bethany House for the book, in exchange for my review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment