Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Slow Days

We have been snug in our house around these parts. The wind and rain have knocked every last beautiful leaf from our trees. Winter is certainly upon us. I can't say I'm sad about it either. I love the stormy weather. Most days have a break in the rain for us to go on walk, which is currently keeping us sane. 

I have been keeping myself busy making homemade dolls. It began as a project I started for Violet's birthday. I made her and her sister (in my belly) dolls. Then a friend ordered three from me. I really enjoy making these little dears.  


Something about their little clothes and sweet faces gets me every time. The second set I dressed in a romper, shirt and skirt and a dress. My experience making human-sized clothes actually really helped drafting the patterns. 



Besides the doll factory, we have been chugging along with school. Titus is just over half way through with Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. Some days are slow for sure. There are moments when it feels like we are dragging through the lessons. However, I cannot believe the progress he has made. The process really works for him. After school yesterday we flipped through some of the old lessons. Looking back on what was once hard and now is a breeze, was really eye-opening. This kid is learning to read! He will be five in a few weeks and I am so proud of him. His penmanship has improved a lot too. He wrote that little message to his dad a few weeks ago!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment