Thursday, September 17, 2015

Productivity and Reality


We woke up the other morning to rain in the forecast. We have had dribbles here and there this September, but not a whole lot. The kids and I bundled up to bring in some of the harvest. I set the kids to picking any ripe tomato they could find. This lasted about 2 minutes before they went to snack on grapes.  

This is about half of what I brought in- in all their cracked and split glory. I brought in a bunch of grapes too, as I wasn't sure they would fare well in the rain. It was a long afternoon of canning... By around 2 I was extremely exhausted. I'm about 16 weeks pregnant now and I haven't gained all my energy back. In fact the last few days I have felt terrible. I laid down and sure enough the rains began.


Happy wet everything.


 I feel totally at a loss as to how I am going to get everything practical done, while feeling like a zombie. This is such a busy time of year, more apples are waiting to be canned, more veggies to be brought in and froze. The reality is, it just isn't going to get done. So, here's to making the most of this season of not being able to make the most of the season. Instead I'll be here, curled up by the fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment