Thursday, September 10, 2015

Q&A for creatives


 When I saw this book, it was instantly appealing to me. I have seen a few other Q&A books from Potter Style, but never this one. This book is a four-year year journal, specifically for creative people (or people looking to get creative).

I would, in general, consider myself a pretty creative person. In fact, it's a big part of who I am. I find all creative endeavors very fulfilling.

But here is the thing-- I'm a mom. Which I love. It can, however, be
very draining in the creativity department. Sometimes the duties, diapers and dramatics don't leave me with a lot of time or energy to get creative.

I love the structure and freedom that this book provides. Every day has a jumping off point. The inspiration can be as silly as "What would you put inside a jell-o mold" or as contemplative as "What would best symbolize your life's biggest challenge right now?".

 Each day has a grid with four boxes- one for each year. I love that they are placed side-by-side in that way. You can compare not only how your life has changed, but your artistic skill has well.

Besides the question and the space-- the rest is up to you. You are free to use whatever medium you see fit. The pages are pretty sturdy and seem like they would stand up well to abuse.

I can't wait to fill this book up and then look back on it in a couple of years! I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for my review.





No comments:

Post a Comment