Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Earth Mama Angel Baby

Organic Baby

     I received an exciting package in the mail today! One of my favorite companies sent me their Big Push Birth & Baby Kit to try. I remember the first time I saw Earth Mama Angel Baby in the store. Their packaging was different, their name was different and their ingredients were different. I was instantly intrigued. 

    I wasn't much of an "Earth Mama" until I had my first child. I loved the fragrant lotions from chain body stores. It seemed inconsequential that my cleaners were nearly toxic and shampoo filled with sulfates and parabens. I remember slathering myself with lotion and then picking up my sweet, pure newborn. It was the first time it had really occurred to me that everything on my skin is getting on his skin. His onesie and blankets were washed with any highly scented product I could find. Soon he would be crawling all over and putting everything in his mouth-- all things I cleaned with some intense chemical cleaners. I took a lot of care to eat clean and take care of my insides, yet there was little care to what I used on the outside. That was really the beginning of my "Earth Mama" journey. I started being a lot more conscious of the products we used. My allergies and asthma improved, my house has never been cleaner and everything still smelled amazing.

   Earth Mama Angel Baby was founded by Melinda Olson years ago in her Oregon kitchen. Their safe, herbal products contain zero toxins, without sacrificing quality or effectiveness. A little more about their mission,

"Earth Mama believes in the natural process of birth, and the healing power of nature. Our mission is to provide safe, herbal alternatives for pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, and babies of all ages, and to help educate people about traditional plant medicine and safe personal care. We manufacture natural and organic products that work, combining generations of women's wisdom and traditional plant medicine with the safety and assurances of contemporary evidence based research. If it doesn't measure up to Mama's standards, it doesn't leave the building."



     The Big Push Birth and Baby Kit  contains a line of products perfect for postpartum care. Birth is no joke. Having a baby is seriously hard work and it takes a huge toll on your body. This is the time to take care of yourself and heal. 

>
     I used the Postpartum Bath Herbs after my second child and I loved them. Just taking a few moments for myself, drawing and bath and soaking was so important to my mind and body. Each sachet includes sea salt, organic oatmeal, organic witch hazel leaf, organic yarrow flower, organic plantain leaf,  and calendula flowers. I was a little scared to use it at first (sea salt? hello burning!) but there was no stinging. These are also awesome soaked and chilled for instant relief down there.

    If you're a first time mom, you might be thinking "do I really need bottom spray and bottom balm?" Let me just tell you, these things are totally worth it. I tore so badly with my first and I wish I would have had these products. The spray has cucumber, lavender and peppermint in it. It soothes, cools and heals. The balm is packed with healing herbs. Place is in the fridge for cooling relief.

   Also in the kit is their natural nipple butter. I used this product with my second as well. Did you know that the Natural Nipple Butter was the first lanolin free nipple cream and the first verified non GMO nipple cream too? Pretty cool. I always rubbed what was left on my fingers onto my cuticles or lips. This stuff is super moisturizing and healing. Perfect for cuts and scrapes too.

The two teas are products I have never tried before. The Monthly Comfort tea helps you recover after childbirth and manage the crazy hormones. The tea has cinnamon, lady’s mantle, red raspberry leaf, nettle, lemon balm, ginger and alfalfa. I brewed a cup and a did a little taste test for you all. It's delicious, a little spicy and very soothing. There were a few packages of the Milkmaid Tea too, which promotes healthy lactation and milk supply. Also, a shout out to their Morning Wellness Tea, for making my insane morning sickness more manageable.


Also included in the kit are some goodies for your new angel! There is baby oil, lotion, baby wash and bottom balm. It is so surreal to imagine using these products on my little one this March. You may have noticed I love richly scented products. The lotion and wash smell heavenly. They are naturally scented with sweet orange and vanilla oils. I love that the soap is castile based and super concentrated. The lotion is a total winner and I plan to buy the full sized for our whole family. The baby oil is grapeseed based, no need to worry about nut oils. The bottom balm is an all-in-one product that I have a feeling we will use a lot. Perfect for diaper rash; but also cradle cap, cuts and scrapes, small burns and itchy rashes. It contains lavender, tea tree and myrhh oils-- anitfungal and antibacterial super fighters.

I am so stoked to have all these products in my arsenal as our family goes from 4 to 5. I know many of these will be packed into my hospital bag when the time comes. I love that this company began in Oregon and creates amazing products for mamas like me! If you are in Oregon and looking to find these in store, you can check and see if they are available near you! Their products are also available to order online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment